Monday, May 04, 2009

Angela B. - Spring 2009 - Australia

May 4 2009
So my Australian semester abroad is almost at a close and I can't believe it! I have been in Australia for nearly three months but it seems like only a few weeks. I have met some really amazing people and have learned so much both achedemically and just about myself and life! It has truely been an amazing experience and eye opening, it has given me a broader outlook to the world. This last month I set up my own research project about the platypus in its natural environment. It was an independent study where I decided what to study, how I would go about the study, and what I would want to try to find. It was a great chance to feel like a real biologist (biology is my major) and get excited about research in the field. I really enjoyed my time studying at the creek trying to spot platypus and am looking forward to writing up my research paper to show my findings and present them to my class before our semester is over. This semester really renewed my curiousity to learn and to continue to study biology. I strongly suggest that if it is possible to take a semster abroad, you will learn so much more than you ever expected!
Angela

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you had an tips about studying abroad? Is there anything that you brought that you didn't need? Was there something that you wish you had?

-Libby H

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home