Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dianne - England - Fall 2008





Hi! My name is Dianne, and I am studying at Royal Holloway for the autumn term. I am having a great time here! Royal Holloway is located in Egham, which is about a 40 minute train ride from central London. I love this location because I am living in a suburb, but London is very accessible. I often will take a day trip into London, and there is always so much to do in London! Something that I really appreciated was when I first got here, and I didn't know my way around very well, people were always more than willing to help with directions. It's nice that even in a big city, people can be so friendly and helpful. I was a bit relieved when I got here because I thought it would be a lot harder for me to adjust to the culture than it actually was. The biggest difference I've noticed is how the classes are taught here. You are expected to do a lot more independent work than what I am used to in the states. For all my classes, my grade is determined by one or two essays that are due at the end of term. So it's very important to think ahead and not leave everything until the last minute. Another great thing about being here is how easy it is to travel to not only different parts of England, but to other countries as well. I've already been to Belgium, and I am planning trips to Germany, Ireland, and Scotland. Upon my first week of arriving, I was able to see lots of London, and I also went to Windsor, Oxford, and Salisbury. It is amazing to be able to see so many new and interesting places! I hope you're getting excited about studying abroad because I can already say that this is one of the best decisions I've ever made!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home