Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Michael N. - London, England - Fall 2013

London is an amazing city! I love it! The first couple of days I was a bit nervous because I wasn’t exactly clear where I had to go and what I needed to do.  But everyone is in the same situation as you are, so I saw it as a new experience. I made friends with mostly British people and it has been great. They are really nice people and have showed me around London. In the first week, I’ve toured round Westminster, taking in sights like Big Ben, the London Eye, Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, as well as Buckingham Palace and the Victoria Monument, and have had an amazing time! There is so much history and culture here. We’ve rented Bikes for the day and learned the Tube underground network in just a few days. The people are really nice and my friends are awesome. I am still trying to get my classes straightened out and as soon as that happens, I will let you all know about my classes and the course load. I am having a great time; my advice to everyone who is thinking about studying abroad, I say go for it! Its an amazing opportunity and you get to travel around Europe. I am planning to go Paris and Amsterdam very soon. Also, in November I will visit cousins and friends in Barcelona and Madrid. I am having a great time so far. If you have any questions about Queen Mary University of London or about London in general, just let me know and I will try to give you an answer soon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading how great your experience in London has been so far makes me very excited to go to England! I will be studying in Oxford, but I'm glad that the people you have met so far are very nice. I'm very much looking forward to traveling as you are. This is definitely reassuring to read.
CPP 250 Ava Ramaglia

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Im glad that you are studying in England. The people are so cool! You will love it for sure!
Let me know if you have any questions- just shoot me an email.
Michael Newton

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello :) How is it dealing with the culture shock there? If you experienced culture shock that is? Thank you,
Shelby CPP250

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was pretty easy for you to meet people and make friends! That is awesome and good to hear because that's one of the things I am a little worried about. Also, I am deciding on my classes to take abroad, did the ones you selected not work out or did you have to change them once you arrived in London?

Hope you continue having a great time!! CPP 250 Elyse

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, exploring the city sounds marvelous, though I think I'll definitely need help navigating the Tube X)
Good luck with straightening your class schedule out! That's one of my primary concerns before studying abroad... how did you pick your classes? Did you find it easy to get into the classes you wanted to take, or do you recommend having one (or two!) back up plans?

Thank you!
Isabel Juvan CPP 250

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you're getting to have a lot of fun! Are you taking general courses offered at the school you attend, or did you have to pick from a specific list?

11:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Michael!

I am looking to study in Oxford next semester and obviously classes are much different there than they are here at Elmhurst. Is there any advise you can give me about transitioning into a new type of class set-up?

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds amazing! I'm glad you said that you met some people! I am a little worried about going all by myself but hope to take this as an opportunity to meet new people! I can understand why you would be nervous, I would be too! I hope that your classes get straightened up. how did they get messed up? Good luck and have fun!

Violet Luczak CPP 250

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home