Sunday, September 28, 2014

Ellie A - Dublin, Ireland - Fall 2014

Hello all!
My name is Ellie Anderson and I am a senior nursing student studying in Dublin, Ireland! I am so glad I chose to study abroad, it was really one of the best decisions I’ve ever made! I love exploring our campus (University College Dublin), Dublin, and Ireland itself. I have not really experienced any culture shock yet, but I’ve been so busy with exploring, traveling, and joining clubs (like windsurfing!), and that’s one of the best pieces of advice I can give, stay busy! Join clubs, go on day trips, and travel as much as you can. I’ve done things I never would have done before, like standing on the edge of a 400ft cliff, and have plans to travel to places I couldn’t have imagined I would go, like Morocco!! Traveling can get expensive, but it’s worth every cent and keep telling yourself that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and it will make looking at your bank statement a little easier. Time flies by so fast when you’re abroad, I cannot believe we’ve been here a month already! So enjoy every moment, take a day to sit at a park or peaceful place to take it all in, do everything you possibly can, and have the time of your life!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shannon Burns said...

hHi Ellie!
I will be studying abroad this spring and was just wondering if you have had a hard time adjusting or experienced any sort of culture shock? I am hoping to have a smooth transition, though I know this is not always realistic! Thanks! Shannon

5:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pictures and loved reading about your trip. Do you feel overwhelmed at all with traveling and school work?

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home