Monday, March 24, 2008

Kristen S. - Oxford, England - Spring 2008

So just finished a semi-break week. Technically during ninth week tutorials are over and only seminar remains, so most people use it as a spring break. I still had one tutorial left and a seminar meeting so I had a half busy and half empty week. It was nice to have a bit of a break and be able to relax, but it also left a lot of time to be homesick. After a week of that I was quite ready for the lecture series to start. On Monday we started an intensive lecture series. We went from having only three classes a week to having at least two lectures a day. The change has been a little brutal, but has been a welcome change of pace. I am having a little bit of hard time getting motivated to read and do work again. The hardest part is being unfamiliar with the subject matter of the lectures, I just have to look up topics before the lectures to fill in the holes of my knowledge. So far so good.

With a little over three weeks left here in Oxford I have been starting to think about going home, I am ready to be there but will desperately miss some of the wonderful friends I have made here. So, while I am ready to go home, I don't want to go home either. As you can tell I have pretty mixed feelings right now; it feels like I have been here forever, but at the same time it feels like I have only been here for like a week. As before, if you have any questions, shoot me a comment and I will respond. Good luck on your travels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home